Independent Executive Coach
After almost 20 years working with leaders and senior teams across a wide variety of industries and sectors in the UK, Europe and the Middle East, I continue to be fascinated by the power of conversation and how the application of robust, non-judgmental challenge can help an individual to pivot their thinking and uncover new strategies.
My theatre training helps me to quickly assimilate complex situations, identify the key challenges and use a broad range of tools and techniques to explore the landscape. My work with individuals and teams has given me a good understanding of a wide range of business contexts in all sectors and across all levels.
I regularly help executives and senior leaders to unleash their inner genius when confronting challenges and meeting opportunities – for the benefit of both themselves and their organisations.
Style and Approach
I use a pure coaching style and draw from a wide range of methodologies including guided questioning, diagnostic techniques (MBTI, SDI, Insights) clean input, following interest and appropriate challenge/proposal. I ensure that clients are free to explore topics in a non-judgemental, confidential and client-focussed setting.
- “Jonathan’s natural style helps him to quickly connect … He has an inclusive “can do” approach, which makes him a pleasure to work with” ~ Carol (Trade Supplies)
- “(Jonathan is) quickly able to build rapport … relaxed but business-focused … (He) is one of a select few who I wholeheartedly recommend.” ~ Nigel (Automotive)
- “Jon has very ably coached groups of managers and leaders at all levels. Jon is a pleasure to work with … I have no hesitation in recommending him.” ~ Debbie (Financial Services)
Whilst no two coaching assignments are the same, I routinely find myself working with senior leaders who are new in post/seeking advancement/changing career. Some recent assignments include:
- Project management – Director – Business Consultancy
- Establishing Professional Practice – Director – Educational Consultancy
- Culture Change – OIM – Offshore Oil & Gas
Relevant Qualifications & Memberships
Working towards ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching & Mentoring Certificate.
Certified NLP Coach-Practitioner (ITANLP Approved).
Student Membership of ILM.
Current BOSIET and MIST for Offshore Safety Coaching
Working to Global Code of Ethics set down by the Association for Coaching (AC) and European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC).
Getting in touch
For an informal no-obligation chat, please drop me a line or give me a call.